Maroubra Seals Sports Club in Sydney, Australia, was up in flames Friday evening, and Pete Reid, General Manager, seemed mightily pissed off:
“The fire started in the sauna. I’m of the opinion it started by people putting things on the sauna – eucalyptus oil – which they have been told not to do,” he said.
“People just can’t be told – even thought there’s signs and everything else. That’s the end of the sauna. There won’t be any more at Maroubra Seals.”
What a shame.
All (authentic) sauna stoves are made to take water. Faulty electric sauna stoves can short out from excessive water dousing. A wood burning sauna stove won’t short out and is thus safer than an electric sauna stove, how ironic is that?