We live in a quick response culture:
- Have you ever sent off an email and before the Lumineers can sing “Ho, Hey” you get a chill up and down your spine… “Ugh, I shouldn’t have sent that!?”
- Have you ever barked something at your spouse, significant other, child and instantly, you regret it?
- Have you ever answered your boss with “let me sleep on it”, yet find instead you have to talk it through NOW and come to a decision?
Filled with overload addiction:
- Driving our car isn’t enough: we need to be talking on our phones, and gosh knows what else with our smart phones.
- Watching the news isn’t enough: we need the scrolling bar of *fresh* news rolling at the bottom of the screen to hold our attention.
- Email isn’t enough: we need instant messaging because people are too busy to answer their emails.
Quick response culture and overload addiction. They feed each other like pushing a shopping cart and hearing the “save big money” jingle at Menards. So much stimuli messing with our psyche, ends with wrong means. (ie. buying more shit, just to save money).
Sauna is different.
Sauna is about introspection. Relaxation. Slowing the clock down. Thinking. Processing naturally.
We need more of this.
For those too busy, note the big print above.