1. What compelled you to build your own sauna?
I have been a fan of wood fired saunas since my first experience at our deer camp in western Bayfield Co Wisconsin. Most camps in the area (township of Oulu appropriately enough) have one since electricity and running water are rare at camp.
2. How did you find saunatimes and give us a few examples where the DIY ebook helped you out.
My wife and I found Sauna Times just by Googling sauna building. We found your info on stove setback and heat shield composition and placement, both on stove and cedar walls, to be very useful.
3. What 1-2 challenges were biggest for your sauna build?
4. What aspect to your sauna are you most proud of?
5. Any regrets or do overs?
6. If you could have a mobile sauna anywhere in the world, where would you bring it and go sauna?
We bought the building from the Washburn High School ‘Industrial Technology’ (shop) class.
For the base, we used sheet metal with patio blocks on top and porcelain tile to protect the area in front of the door.