Two Bench options for your 6’x8′ sauna hot room:
Either option can work ideally within your 8’x12′ sauna building.
Advantages of Option A:
- A longer set of benches: (7’4″ long vs. 6′ long in option B). Great for laying out and generous space for 3 on upper bench.
- A more congenial connection to changing room (especially with candle window).
Advantages of Option B:
- Stadium seating allows for continued vista from hot room outside through transom window to outside.
- Plenty of room on lower bench. A fully extended 24″ lower bench, vs a tighter fitting lower bench in option A.
- Stove is safely tucked in its upright and locked position in the corner, vs. having to pass by the stove to enter/exit in option A.
I have built a few saunas with each bench design.
Like orange juice with pulp or without, preference varies. But this isn’t an opportunity for line extension, more shelf space, and choices to drive you crazy. This is an opportunity to make a decision on what’s best for you… and go for it.
Either option works great.