Making these sauna backrests are easy
Especially during the tongue and groove stage of building your own authentic sauna, while tools are out and some extra remnant pieces are around.
- 7 – 1″ x 2″ x 18″ cedar
- 1 – 1″ x 6″ x 18″ cedar
- A finish nailer or a hammer and some finish nails.
- Rip the 1×6 into a long triangle.
- Evenly space and nail 5 of the 1x2s as runners along the angle of the triangles.
- Nail one vertically in the back, to tie the runners together.
- Cut the final 1×2 to fit and nail along the base.
And while you’re at it, it’s just as easy to make two or three sauna backrests at one time.
And these sauna backrests can sit upright as shown or lay horizontally for when you want to lay horizontally.
These sauna backrests are sturdy
- easy to clean
- keep your sauna walls clean
- create a comfy ergonomic feel as you enjoy your sauna session.