When considering your own backyard sauna, it’s not out of reach to carve a corner out of your garage.
A few things I really enjoy about my sauna:
- The flow is excellent. You can get to and from any seated position without bothering other people.
- The heater is more than adequate. ALWAYS buy more heater than you need 🙂
- The shaved front corner allows me to have a sauna that seats 6+ people while still not feeling imposing in my garage.
- None of the benches are permanently attached, making cleaning very easy.
- I have a 45 degree “drip board” under the spot the I regularly sit, which allows me to shower while the water collects in a plastic tub. It allows me to not have a drain and works great.
- The speakers and volume control inside have proved to be a critical component of the sauna.
- 2 vents allow for plenty of fresh air when the sauna is full. One is under the heater. The other is under the top bench in the opposite corner (a fairly traditional location).
- I chose a larger door window than some, at 1′ x 2′. I love it.