Answer: Candle window: Great question as the answer is really simple: “whatever size feels right.” And great direction by using a piece of tempered glass. It’s not too expensive and it can be exactly the size you like.
- Frame your common wall (the wall between your sauna hot room and your changing room) 16″ on center, as usual.
- Get a piece of cardboard and cut it out to what you think would be a good candle window size.
- Tack up the cut cardboard where you think it makes sense.
- Imagine your sauna benches in place.
- Walk around to ensure you’ve got it in the perfect location.
- Fold or add cardboard to ensure you’ve got it the perfect size.
- Keep in mind views and angles and the wall on either side.
- Mark your final candle window location.
- Sawzall existing stud and box in your window, using 2×4’s.