My 8×12 sauna plan assumes a wood, not concrete floor.
- 2×6 green rim joists.
- 2×6 green studs at 16″ or 24″ on center.
- 3/4″ subfloor, et voila.
Stephen, I know your sauna has a cement slab, and i’ve built a couple saunas with a cement slab base (which could be argued is the “A” job) yet I find with a wood base to your backyard sauna it can be:
- built quicker.
- leveled easily, even down the road.
- moved if you move, of if your partner gets wiggy.
- called a ‘temporary structure’ for frowning building code inspectors.
- extended easily as a header for a deck (yet I prefer a slate patio with an outdoor sauna, so as to reintroduce the stone medium from sauna rocks to your feet whilst between sauna rounds).