Whether it be a part of the Wim Hof Method, a thermogenesis club, or simply losing a bet at a bar, more ore people are getting into cold plunge therapy.
The clinical benefits of cold exposure include: (1)
- Fights Inflammation.
- Strengthens the Nervous System.
- Speeds up metabolism.
- May Heal Injuries and Speed Recovery.
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels.
- Suppresses an over active immune system (by relieving of symptoms caused by autoimmune diseases).
The clinical benefits of regular sauna use include: (2)
- Lowers the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease, like heart attacks.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Increases vascular compliance
- Increases heart rate similarly to medium-intensity exercise.
Great! Yet those of us well familiar to sauna have incorporated cold plunge therapy as part of our sauna practice for decades and generations because it feels so damn good to do both! The study results are sure a bonus.
Another way to calculate it: with cold plunge + sauna 1 + 1 = 3.
BONUS: This is all you need to know about water: