- Drink a big glass of water before you go in the sauna.
- Bring a full liter plastic jug of water to the sauna, drink most of it during your first round.
- Finish your water during the second round.
That’s my recipe. Get ahead of the game, lots of water in your system promotes sweat and diffuses dehydration.
If you go to bed soon after your sauna, you don’t have to navigate to the toilet in the middle of the night, especially if you’ve had a couple of beers during your sauna session.
- Clint tip: sparkling water gets into the system faster.
- Julia tip: stick with still water, ‘carbon bubbles: no good for liver mon!’
Here’s a sister post, about eating after a sauna, cheers~!