While sharing a sauna with a couple architect friends and a contractor, as the endorphins started rushing, voices started rising, and concepts became more agreed upon, I started jotting down some of the key elements about designing and building a sauna.
- outdoor shower
- double glass door to outside
- lighting: dimmers & control center to set the vibe
- nature wins
- glass to lake – all windows
- tall ceilings (in changing room)
- sound system
- deck wrap around
- simple, elegant treatments
- large overhangs
What can you add to this list?
2 thoughts on “What elements make for a great sauna design?”
24″ wide benches.
rock treatment surround behind sauna stove.
not too big of a hot room.
in my back yard!
rocks for the base get moved on sunday. lumber gets bought the following saturday. then framing starts! should be in business by winter.